Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Health Trivia.


The other day Rebekah and I were out for a walk when she mentioned seeing A.J. Jacobs newest book Drop Dead Healthy for sale at Wal-Mart and wondering if it was at the library.  “Ok” I said “I’ll go check.”

It was there, I got it and now she has been reading it for the past three days almost non stop.  She’ll be done before noon.

For those past three days about every hour or so I’ve been subjected to a piece of Health Trivia.  I now know that, according to Jacobs; people should chew each bite 15-20 times, we should all eat less, we sit too much and reading in dim light won’t permanently damage your eyes.

Last night will be remembered with particular clarity.  While we were getting ready for bed, I was sitting on the edge of the tub brushing my teeth, Bek casually remarked, “You should get your testosterone levels checked.”

“Mmmmm-WHAAA?” 

Apparently, low testosterone levels in men can be linked to and increased risk of cardiovascular disease.

Who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment